• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Boom off of E39 - Free.

Traveler

Member I
This spar came off my 1971 Ericson 39. I have completely redone my running rig, and replaced my original boom with a new Ballenger. :egrin: I will be leaving on a cruise soon, and would like to offer this refurbishable boom for free to a fellow Ericson owner who might put it to good use.

Structurally, the boom is in good condition, and the extrusion is straight and not kinked, but due to a previous owner's crap paint job and some white corrosion residue around many of the fasteners, the boom is cosmetically an eyesore. :esad: Hence the price.

The boom is set up for a 4:1 internal outhaul. It has 3 nice bails located for mid-boom sheeting. In addition to the normal gooseneck action, this boom is designed to rotate on it's axis and slide up and down on a 3/16" x 2" x 4' stainless track, included with sale. There is also 1" stainless sail track (for external slides) riveted to the top side of the boom.

Overall dimensions are 14' 6.5" long, 4" wide, by 7.5" tall.

I am too overloaded right now to spend any time in shipping this unit. It is only available for pickup at my business in Hayward, California, 94545. :mad:

Thanks for looking, and fair winds to you!

Attachments

• Boom0001.JPG
    Boom0001.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Boom0003.JPG
    Boom0003.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 252
  • Boom0005.JPG
    Boom0005.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 216

wurzner

Member III
Gary,

How much was your replacement boom. I just broke the gooseneck casting that fits into the boom. Depending on if I can get replacement part and the cost, I may go with a new boom since Kenyon is out of business.

thanks
shaun

Traveler

Member I
Hey Shaun,
My boom replacement project was about $2200 alltogether, but I don't recall what the boom alone cost. The above dollar amount includes the boom (custom designed, set up, and finished), a Garhauer AL-420 rigid vang, and two custom stainless brackets for hooking the gooseneck and vang to the backside of the mast.

Traveler

Member I
Long Gone

Hey Kevin,
Thanks for asking, but I'm sorry to have to tell ya that the boom was taken quite a while ago. I can't recall what boat he was going to use it for, but it was not an E39. :esad:
Good Luck to ya!
Gary