• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Round Whidbey Island Race May 13~14

wurzner

Member III
I will be participating in the Round Whidbey Island race again this year. For those who don't know about it, it starts outside deception pass at 9:00AM Saturday and ends in Oak Harbor at Sunday, 1:00PM. It is a great overnight race with tyipcal parcipation of about 15 boats. I plan on going up to cornet bay inside the pass the day before and spending the night.

I just wanted to put this out there in case some else is interested in the race. It is low key and a good opportunity to brush up on your night sailing skills, but it isn't to long (about 77 miles based on actual distance sailed).

For those who are interested, you can go to www.winsa.org and look at the racing tab.

regards
shaun

wurzner

Member III
Harold, it is in May, so I'll have to let you know in a few months. It is a REALLY fun race and may be my warm up for the swiftsure 2 weeks later!

shaun (with a loveing wife and no kids)

hodo

Member III
I knew I should have spent more time learning to read.....Or at least paying attention....Hmmm, that is what my sweetie says also. Maybe we'll see you at Swiftsure. I don't know yet if my back will let me be abused that way again for awhile. Cheers, Harold

wurzner

Member III
If last year's race is any indication of what to expect this year, I'm not sure my back would hold out either, not to mention a lot of wear and tear on the boat! Last year was in an express 37 and this year will be on our 38 if things work out well and I can get most of my crew interested. I think we would do the cape flattery course opposed to the lighthouse like last year, 140 miles is a long race.

shaun