• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1977 E32 in Seattle Area

wurzner

Member III
Things I have done

Peeled the bottom, let it sit for 7 months, and put 4 coats of Interprotect 1000 and 4 coats of West Systsem followed by application of Trinidad SR. July 2004
Intalled a new rudder July 2004
Replaced all gate valves with Seacocks and ball valves (2004)
Rebuilt the Ritchie Compass including all new internal stage ($200) 2006
Installed a Guest Blue Water 3 ouput smart charger (20/5/5 amp) 2003
Installed new Origo 6000 stove (2005)
Installed new Garhauer rope clutches and ran all the lines aft 2005
Installed red dot heater that runs of the fresh water cooling. 2004
Rewired the mast and installed Forspar Halogen foredeck / steaming light 2004
Installed LED Anchoring Light
Installed Electronic Ignition (2003)
Installed Racor fuel/water separator (2004)
Installed Sierra extra heavy duty fuel pump (2004)
Installed raw water strainer (2004)
Installed new sliding hatch (2002)
Replace wood boxed hatches with Aluminum Ocean Hatch and Plastic foredect Hatch (2005)
Redid upholstery (2006)
Installed new aqua signal 25 running lights (2005)
Installed new LED Stern light (2006)
Rebuilt Raritan Head and installed all new hoses (2003)

Things I have done, but not installed

New teak exterior handrails
New teak interior handrails
Hood Roller Fuhrler

Things that Should be done

Apply bottom paint
Re-bed stanchion
Install battery hold down straps (are in the boat, but not installed in case you want to change the battery locations.)
If you don’t purchase the diesel engine and transmission, the atomic four needs a new heat riser/mixing elbow that can be purchased for $80.
Replace choke cable.

The boat is being offered at 19, 500, but I will accept $17,000…not any lower. If someone offers 19, 500, I will include a brand new hurth hbw-50 transmission and an disassembled Universal M25 diesel that could be rebuilt for ~$1000. In addition, I will include the choice of one of my racing sails which is either a pentex main with full battens and two reef points, or a 153%. Both of these sails are in EXCELLENT shape. If some offers 17, 000, it will not include any of the above. The sails that would come with the boat are a new Dacron main (2005), a dacron 120% (2004), a new storm sail (never used) as well as some older but very serviceable sails that include a 100% blade, a 130% mule, and a 150% that is old, blown out, but works great in under 8 knots! It also has a windseeker for ultra light wind and a spinnaker and gear.

More photos can be seen at http://photos.yahoo.com/wurzner and click on the boat button. For additional information, email me from the list or call 425-280-6345.

thanks
shaun

Attachments

• DSC_078449.jpg
    DSC_078449.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 242

chtaylor

Member II
Hi Shaun,

While searching for info on hatch replacement, I came across your posting from last year. I also have a 1977 E32 and am thinking about replacing the wooden hatches with more modern versions. Would you please let me know which brand and what size hatches you installed and if there were any problems you encountered?

Thanks,
Charles Taylor

skipper007

Member II
wurzner Shaun - Reply requested

Shaun,
I also am very interested in the replacement hatches you used on your E32. Did it sell? Get your $17k? She looks nice, well loved.
Skip

wurzner

Member III
Folks,

sorry about the late responses. The hatches I used had a flat based flange and aside from that, fit the space that the old hatches filled. The key thing is get a flat based flange and then cut the starboard to fill the old space and then cut the internal dimension of the starboard to fit the new hatches. The front one was plastic and I'm not sure I would do that again. The large one was aluminum and was really nice.

I got 15K for the boat I believe and she is up for sale again for around the same or a little less. I didn't sell it with my laminated sails...they are listed here and one person is interested in the main.

shaun

skipper007

Member II
Shaun thanks for the response. I restated this question, hoping you were listening. It appears from my viewing of the 1974 E32-2 that I'm under contract to buy, that the cabin roof is slightly bowed with a lip forming the bottom, flat surface for the teak hatches. Did you cut away the lip? If so did you have to fair out the starboard to cupped on the bottom side? Or was the starboard purely an adapter plate on top of the lip? Did you take any pictures? Your yahoo link is (obviously) down.
Thank you, Thank you,
Skip