• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Info needed on specific boat

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Has anyone ever heard of or seen an E34 named dot.calmed from the lower chesapeake(Solomons, MD)? I am going to check it out this weekend.

Thanks
Tim R.

clayton

Member III
Info needed...

I remember seeing it on Yachtworld for quite a while, started at $55k and last I remember $45k. I think Crusader Yacht Sales had it listed. I think the listing disappeared around September. It of course was difficult to ascertain condition from the photos, but the boat looked pretty clean. Maybe the owner didn't have time for the boat, or lost his/her fortune in stock market and just needed to unload?... Good luck.
Clayton

treilley

Sustaining Partner
It was purchased last July

I looked at it today and I think the owner realizes how far over his head this boat will be. It has a fair amount of blisters, most of the wood inside is water stained, bilge was nasty and the engine did not look like it had been worked on in years. It was obvious that the PO did not maintain this boat very well. Crazed portlights, diry deck and cabin top. The boat was soaking wet inside. Like someone sprayed it with a hose. Humidity was low today so I would not call it condensation. I think a lot of the interior is waterlogged from leaks in the portlights.

The odd thing is that the survey from July/05 considered it an above average boat and had nothing to say about the condition below the waterline. It had multiple barrier coats that were done at different times. The current owner is planning on sanding(not filling) the blisters and slapping on a couple more coats of barrier. His previous boat was a laser.

I am not interested in a project boat so anyone out there looking for one, let me know and I will get you in touch with the current owner. It is in Mattapoisett, MA.

The search continues.

Tim R.