• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Blowing out here tonight

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM SANDY POINT TO NORTH BEACH-
425 PM EST SAT JAN 14 2006

STORM WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING

...GALE WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY
AFTERNOON...
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE SUNDAY NIGHT...

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 KT. WAVES 4 TO
7 FT. A CHANCE OF SNOW AND RAIN SHOWERS.

We raced our other boat today in our frost bite series. It hadn't quite fiiled in like now. Just checked on the Ericson and it was steady 38kts. The racing went well except for dumping the boat in the last race. This is what drysuits are for! My wife and I were in the water for about 10 minutes righting things and we never got more than our hands wet. We raced in Annapolis harbor with our weather mark about 25 feet from the outside bar at Pussers. There were a number of folks spectating which is good promotion for our class. www.jet14.com
My wife and I are currently leading the series which started in Nov. I sure am thankful that I can get out and sail all year even if it isnt on my Ericson and even if it aint in Key West...

Attachments

• jet.jpg
    jet.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 135

Bob in Va

Member III
Go get 'em, Ted

My buddy Richard and I enjoyed a couple of "Painkillers" at Pusser's Wednesday night. It was my first trip to Annapolis, and a most enjoyable two days of soaking up the ambiance. We stopped by several boatyards and did some serious drooling here and there. We were only able to spend and hour or two at Bacon's, so a return trip is in order. All in all a great visit for a couple of low-key lake sailors.

chrism

Inactive Member
On this frigid evening (16 degrees according to the car), the word "Pussers" reminds me that I will be there in four short months. :egrin:

Chartering in the BVI's in April, on a Hunter, but that's our little secret.

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Great job, Ted... I think you guys are nuts, but good on ya!

We went to check on the boat yesterday and this northerly wind plus low tide equals very little water. We were sitting on the keel in our slip at Z's with about 4-5 inches of water line showing (paint looks good!). Lucky the bottom is soft. I'm glad the wind seems to have stopped this morning.
Chris