• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WANTED - used sails for E38 200

Roger Ware

Member III
If anyone has either a furling headsail (Harken furler), or mainsail for an E38 200 - I might be interested. Condition should be good or better - I already have old sails!

Thanks, Roger Ware, Kingston, ON

u079721

Contributing Partner
Maybe....

Roger,

The UK loft in Detroit (now a Doyle loft) has the original main and 130 for my 1989 E-38 on consignment. They gave them each a 2.5 rating, whatever that means. But you might give them a call and ask. The sails are #10618-2 and #10618-1, at 586-790-7500.

Roger Ware

Member III
Thanks

Steve, thanks for the tip. My existing sails are the same age as yours so I am not sure these would be worth upgrading to, but I may give them a call.

Cheers, Roger

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I am hoping to replace my 145% RF this spring. It is a Haarstick I think. 1998 I believe. Triple stitched and in good shape for its age. The sunbrella uv cover was restitched last winter, but the sunbrella itself could probably be replaced. I dont know what I will want for it but I know its heavy as hell and shipping it to Ontario could be a stretch. I also need to finish selling my wife on the new genoa...

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
But he only asked for a sail...

Ted, Please post picture of wife posing on the genoa.
Price?

:cheers:

Loren

Roger Ware

Member III
How much for the wife on the genoa?

Ted, thanks, let me know when you want to sell - I have a mailbox (a big one!) in NY that wouldn't be too horrific to ship to. I may have bought one elsewhere by then, though.

Cheers, Roger

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I am thinking it will probably be late march or april by the time I am ready on the new genoa. By then the wife should be ready to be peeled off the sail... Not sure what I would want for it. I may take it to Bacons here in Annapolis and ask them what they think its worth. I have sold sails and hardware through them in the past but it can take some time and I would rather sell it to a fellow EY.org member. What do you think you would want to spend on a used sail?