• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

General E 32 questions

James Carlisle

My boat is an E32 manufactured in 1985, Sail No. 637. Is the sail no. the same as the hull no.? If not, where can the hull no. be found? What is the difference between an E32, E32-200, etc.? Thankyou for your help I've only had this boat since last April and it's fantastic!
Jim C.:confused:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
'85 #-32 info?

In looking through the owners registry elsewhere in this site, it appears that your model is the hull called the Mk 3, and also used for the 32-200, and the later PSC E-333. If you have an interior with the head forward you likely have the "two cabin" E-32. If you have a "tri cabin" interior with the head aft you have the 32-200. I have seen the later (-200) model, and came close to buying one when we were shopping in '94. These are just d*mn good looking boats with nice lines, whichever interior they have!
A broker told me that the -200 model has the rudder post moved slightly aft, and has slightly better handling as a result. You couldn't prove it by me, either way.
Some bona fide mid-80's E-32 owners will have to chime in here and correct me on some of this, for sure.
Sail #637 is your "one design" number and should be found as part of the hull # molded into the HIN on your transom. (If the boat had been formally raced, it would have had a 5 digit number on the sail with no numerical relation to the HIN.)
OTOH you can race in local club racing (at least where I live) with your present number on the sail. The same # should be on your 150 genoa and on the spinnaker.
With the hull somewhat influenced by the pervieved advertising advantages of the IOR design parameters when it was designed, your boat should go to windward well with minimal helm.
For other general information, check the d/l part of this site under "Specs". If you have original printed material not listed, <please> scan it and send it along to Sean, our friendly administrator, so he can make it available to other owners with questions like yours.
Happy sailing,
Loren
:)

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
If your hull is #637, then your boat was built right before mine! (which is a 1985 32-3 #638). Justin Lee's "Gravity Storm" is #635 (see owner's profiles). Now we just have to find #636. This might be a stupid question, but where can you sail the boat in Kansas?