• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-380 boat cover

vbenn

Member III
Fairclough winter cover for sale. Made for 1997 E-380. This is a full cover extending from top of boom, over all pulpits and lifelines, to boot stripe. Aluminum frame included. Good condition.

Vince Benn
Wild Blue, #22

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Need to talk to the wife about this one. Do you think the cover would work on the boat if it was not on the hard? Sounds like it goes to the boot stripe? I keep my 38 in the water, at least this winter I am. How far are you from Baltimore? Would not want to ship this thing....

vbenn

Member III
Boat Cover

It's not intended for in water use because tie down lines go under the hull - - but it could be modified, I suppose.

I have a potential buyer who I'm meeting this weekend.

vbenn

Member III
boat cover

I keep the boat in the water during the winter. The cover was not designed for in-water use. Also, it is very labor intensive to set up, take down, transport (large frame pieces). I don't think the cotton fabric is appropriate for long term exposure to uv, dirt, bird droppings, etc. I'm awlgripping the hull in March and believe the cover would ruin the new finish, similar to the waterline abrasions in the gelcoat incurred while the boat was stored in the yard for 2 years. I opted for an over-the-boom cover being finished this week by Canvas Creations. I'm at Mears Annapolis if you want to stop by sometime.

The buyer got a hell of a deal - - replacement cost of the Fairclough is $3000 for the cover and $1000 for the frame.

Vince

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Vince I keep my boat in Hillsmere not far from Mears. I took off all of next week to do some work on the boat. Let me know if you are going to be in town at all and we can hook up. Would love to see your boat.

vbenn

Member III
boat cover

We'll be away all of next week. Expect to be in Annapolis 1 January - - new cover should be on by then.

Vince

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
We'll have to get together sometime in the new year. Given the Chris Miller is down in Solomans with another 38 perhaps we can have an E-38 one design get together?