• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Noctaluca and the Yanmar 3GM

chaco

Member III
Bill,

I am in the process of building a new engine bed for the Universal M4-30
on a 74' E35-II. Would appreciate any pics or drawings of your Yanmar
3GM installation
I am starting with (2) 24" - 2" SS angle stringers. (1) attached to the port
engine mounts and (1) to a new starboard foot system down to the bilge :confused:
Have removed the old rusted 2" frame down to the bilge level.

Thanks for your help :D

JORGE

Member III
Bed building

You have a 35, so I not sure this is helpful. If you do a "search" you will find some E35 info on mount making.
I started by making a plywood template to match the mounting area of my engine, and included the transmission coupling area at the back mounted perpendicular to the flat plywood template. I found out that a professinal grade steel one costs hundreds$$.Forgetaboutit. The main part is to get the measurements from the transmission coupling to align with your shaft coupling. The wood template I made replicated the engine's footprint. With the actual engine mounts attached to the plywood and the old shaft/coupling I was able to get a fair idea of the angle of the beds. I built them from 3/4 birch ply, and epoxy laminated them to make an angle of approx. 10" down to 1" ( 3" wide) at the back... On this website is an Ericson manual ( E32) which shows the various bed angles of certain engine models, this helps too.
l