• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E 32-3 missing parts

Ed Balun

Member I
I have a friend in the Houston area who just purchased the last 1990 Ericson 32-3 built by Ericson. The previous owner claims to have purchased it as is. I inspected the boat some time ago and found numerous parts missing.. Would anyone know where this guy could obtain the two end brackets that secure the traveler to the coachroof. The rail is attached across the centerpoint but the stops and end pieces are missing! The boat is missing various other parts as well including anchor door latch, forward stainless vent covers and substantial cabinetry components....

clohman

Member II
I believe the traveler end caps can be replaced through Schaefer Marine. If you're referring to the small stainless vent covers for the dorade drain and the holding tank, they're standard at any boat store. The anchor door latch might be available from Pacific Seacraft, but one could be made. I can send a photo of the original. For cabinetry, my hardware consists only of the "push-button" latches which are standard. Hope that helps.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Fix it, or... replace...

If Ed's friend can afford the time and (some) money to make a traveler change, this might be a "sign" that this is the time to go to a ball bearing unit -- Harken if he has the $$$$, and Garhauer if he has less $. He will find that this change will make a nice difference in sail-ability of the boat (as it would for any boat with a mid-boom cabintop mainsheet traveler setup).

That's just my .02 worth,

Loren in PDX

ps: Ed, get your friend to participate in this site, if you can.