• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Feathering Prop on eBay

hodo

Member III
propeller

Does any one know about these props? I have a fixed 2 blade, 16" I think. With a 3 blade, 15" sounds like it might work. Does Tartan have the same taper used by Ericson? I think it's S.A.E. Any help would be appreciated.Harold, Mischief Maker, E38 :devil:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Martec Q&A...

I have been using a two blade bronze Autostream I bought from the US distributor, Martec Engineering, in '95.
I like it a Lot. :D

Since our boat has a one inch shaft and we use a 15 inch prop...
I am tempted to put in a bid before the auction ends...
I figure that the extra blade area would be nice at times. :)

I donno about the taper, different or not. A call to Martec might in order, before putting in a "serious" bid. BTW, please say so if you are seriously bidding, and I will try to resist the urge to bid against you... :rolleyes:

Loren in PDX
Olson 34 #8

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
sold....

I note that the winning bid was for $1155. I think am having "non bidders remorse" !
:)

Loren

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Yeah I was going to bid on it but I need a 16 inch version and think the maxprop is the way to go. It has been around the longest and has the best track record IMHO.

bbboat

Member II
Love mine. I have the stainless steel model. Works well in fwd and reverse, and so far seems to hold up well. I like the fact that the pitch is adjustable.