• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

CaptnNero

Accelerant
Flag halyard

Don't use a backstay; raise it on a halyard like you would a flag. I think that's what Loren did.

therapidone said:
Given that the backstay is split on our boat, and I would guess, on a number of other Ericson models, how does one deal with the attaching the anchor sail to the portion of the backstay before the split? I haven't seen any anchor sails in action & am having some difficulty envisioning easily hoisting it at anchor w/ the split backstay circumstance...but then, I can be more than just a little thick-headed in these matters.

Regards,

Ed:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
There is not that much pressure on the lower grommet, and I would guess that most any tie point on the center on the transom would do for the lower pennant. I used a spinn halyard led around from the front of the spar for the top. I tie the forward pennant to the mainsheet tackle under the boom because that's where it leads naturally on our particular boat.

YMMV

Loren

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Last edited:

scourge

Member II
Riding Sail for 1976 E - 32

hi all,
My wife and I do a lot of anchoring. I am now getting to the point that all of the 'horsing' around and sailing around at anchor is getting old. We are looking into setting up a riding sail for our boat. I have looked a various designs from a single triangle shaped sail to the 'FinDelta' that Banner Bay Marine' sells.
Is anyone out there using one?
What type are you using? Did you buy or make it yourself?
I have a dodger and bimini so the rigging over the bimini might be little tricky but I'm willing to try.
How is it rigged?

Any and all suggestions/pointers, etc, would be most beneficial.

Thanks,
Len Buchanan
'Windshadow' ' 76 E32
Muskegon, MI

upnorthfrank

Member II
I jerry-rigged my storm jib to act as a makeshift rider on our C26MKii & if I can manage to get the pix from my phone to here I'll show them-

I was a little proud of myself, worked great!!! Anchored off San Leon TX on an absolutely gorgeous late fall afternoon. Ahhh nice weather.....

I attached foot clews to the boom stay & a point @ stern chainplate, & attached the top of the sail to the-you ready?-the toilet paper holder in the head!!!

I can't begin to tell you how nice it works. MacGyver got nuthin' on us man!!! I'll see if I can upload.....