• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Mast Step for E33

P Abele

Member II
We pulled our mast this winter to so some work on our cabin sole and I found the mast step to be cracked and not in the best of shape. Has anyone ever had to replace their mast step? Where did you get this item? It is my understanding that Kenyon built the mast but after calling around it sounds like "Rig-Rite" is the most likely source and aparently they are recovering from a fire. I will keep pursuing them but would appreciate any information folks might have.

escapade

Inactive Member
options

You might try www.riggingonly.com as well as www.briontoss.com One is east coast one west coast. They might be able to help also. I have dealt with rig-rite and they tend to be REAL slow. First I thought it was me but it sounds like others have had problems also. But they do have a fair supply of old Kenyon parts. You probably could get your local weld shop to fabricate one for you if you can't find anything. The older models were castings but the newer boats had fabed aluminum steps.
Good luck.
Have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade"

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Forespar

I am fairly sure the 33 had a forespar rig. They are still around, and I know some of the guys there-I think Randy Risvold is still there..either way, it is worth a call to them as they may well be the original equipment supplier.

It may not be Plasteak, but it MIGHT be good enough!

Cheers,
S

dcoyle

Member III
Dont have much info for you mast step but am glad to see another 33 out there! I am sailing a 1981 33 at Portland Maine.

P Abele

Member II
I am fairly immersed in the cabin sole replacement so haven't made much progress on this project other than speaking with someone at Rig Rite and looking through their web site and finding nothing which matched the dimensions of what I was after. I will try some of these other sources and let you know what I come up with.

And to dcoyle: We have had our E33 for 5 seasons now and love the boat. We sail her on Lake Champlain out of Colchester, VT. I have yet to actually feast my eyes on another E33 in person, but will look you up if I am ever in Portland!