• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Marina recommendations?

dscolaro

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a marina between Port Townsend and Bremerton that doesn't have a 2 year waiting list? It seems like all the ones I've been able to locate online are at least that and sometimes as much as 4 years.

Thanks,

Dan S.
Independence 31C
Goccia

Richard Elliott

Member III
Marinas

Port Ludlow advertises in 48 degrees North that they have space available. Another good choice might be Kingston or Poulsbo.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Another ploy is just to call them each, directly. I have noticed that a personal contact will reveal that they have a single opening or have one coming up by a certain date, for a certain size(s) of boat...
but they cannot commit to advertising publicly when they do not want to incite a rash of calls. The "web" may be less restrictive than a magazine deadline, but even a web site has deadlines and costs for updating...

Good luck,
Loren

Last edited:

dscolaro

Thanks for the suggestions. If my job prospect pans out, I'll get more serious about looking for a marina. Still need to decide if it is feasible (financially) to ship the boat cross country.

Thanks again,

Dan S.
Independence 31C
Goccia

Stuart

Member II
Marinas

Hi Dan

I read your last post and this quote.......
"Still need to decide if it is feasible (financially) to ship the boat cross country."
This leads me to another question, is anything about a boat Financially feasible?:confused:
It would be great to see you and your boat at one of our PNW Ericson rendezvous!
Cheers
Stuart
E31 Independence
"Fairhaven"
Vancouver BC

hodo

Member III
Moorage

Brownsville south of Poulsbo might be a good place to check. It would be great to have you and your Ericson at the 06 rendevous.Keep us posted out here. Harold

Richard Austin

John Wayne Marina - Sequim WA

Hi There.

We have our Ericson at John Wayne Marina in Sequim, WA. It is about 30 minutes from PT (towards PA) and a wonderful, clean marina.

Good Luck,
Richard Austin
E35-3 "Dreamtime"

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Shilshole is an excellent marina if you're going to settle in the Seattle area. Everett has a very long waiting list, as do those closer to the San Juans.

Where are you going to be established?

//sse

dscolaro

Well it looks like we will be staying put in Norfolk for a while so, unfortunately, we won't be joining the Vikings in the Pac NW. I suppose there are worse places to be (from a sailing standpoint) than the lower Chesapeake Bay. Thanks for the marina suggestions.

Guess I need to start lurking on the Mid-Atlantic forum :)

Dan S.
Goccia - Independence 31C
Norfolk, VA

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
dscolaro said:
Well it looks like we will be staying put in Norfolk for a while so, unfortunately, we won't be joining the Vikings in the Pac NW. I suppose there are worse places to be (from a sailing standpoint) than the lower Chesapeake Bay. Thanks for the marina suggestions.

...Guess I need to start lurking on the Mid-Atlantic forum :) ...

Yes...no Northwest-wannabes! ;)

The Chesapeake is a great place to sail...used to sail out of the Severn River when I was at UM in the very early 90s...mmmmm.....lunch at Middleton's....

Say… does that E31 of yours happen to have a swing keel on it? (for the sandbars, I mean...)? :p

//sse

wurzner

Member III
Ha Ha,

I knew if I waited long enough, I catch Sean on something. Everett currently has NO waiting for a 32 foot slip; the 36 and 40's are another story all together. I like Everett for the closer proximity to the San Juans and more importantly, my house. Historically, their rates were also very good but we are I believe into the 2nd of 5 annual raises of 10% that will bring our rates in line with the Seattle rates. Shilshole won't even talk to you until 2007-2008 because they are revamping their facility and are hoping people vacate. They need open slips to move boats around during the renovation so they are definately out. Depending on where you live/are going to live will make a difference. You didn't specify that so it's difficult to provide the most ideal to the least ideal locations.

shaun