• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Update on Ericson 30-1 restoration

Things are coming together nicely for restoration of Fawkes, E 30-1. Having semi-recovered from Katrina and a busy October racing one-designs (Fish Class sloops), I can focus on her. Found an engine suitable for conversion on e-bay and will spend the weekend cleaning and painting the engine compartment....then measure for motor mounts and oil pan and get them constructed, then installed. After literally hunting all over the internet, I found the conversion kit for the engine right across the bay from Mobile in Fairhope, AL (go figure, shame I didn't let my fingers do the walking through the yellow pages, huh?). While paint is drying inside the engine compartment, I will try to figure out how to get to the old gas tank and see what kind of shape it is in (probably full of mud). Anyway, all is going well so far....

MikeS

How's E 30-1 the restoration going?

I'd like to hear how the restoration of your 30-1 is progressing. I own a 1968 30-1 and have spent many (many) hours bringing my boat back with more work left to go and would be interested in hearing how your boat is coming along. I may be able to assist in those small (but tricky) question on various subjects around the E 30-1.

Attached is a photo of our boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0570 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0570 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,646