• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Diesel Heaters - Forced Air & "Hydronic"

E33MikeOx

Member II
I've heard good things about the Wallas diesel furnaces, but nothing about these units:

https://www.scanmarineusa.com/online-store/wallas-nordic-dt-diesel-stove-heater/

I came across one in an old Columbia 36 and didn't realize what it was at first. It looks just like an electric induction stovetop, but it's diesel powered, and includes a fan in the top for heating the cabin. A bit on the pricey side, but if you're looking for a stove and a heater, and wish to avoid propane, simplify installation, and save space, they could be a good solution.

Any experience with these amongst the group here?

We sold our sailboat and bought a smaller power boat last spring. It came with an abomination of an electric/non pressurized alcohol stove. Wife absolutely hated it. In October, we installed a Wallas stove/heater. Wife loves it. With the lid up, it does a great job cooking (similar to a ceramic top stove). With the lid down in the heat position, it heats up the cabin like a forced air heater but the lid doesn’t get hot. The heater has an 11 minute start up cycle, so heat is not instantaneous. However, it also has a thermostat to adjust temperature up or down as needed. It keeps our cabin nicely warm on rainy, 40 degree days on a low setting. I cannot address the DIY process. We had our stove professionally installed, along with the diesel tank. Supposedly, 2 gallons of diesel with provide 100 hours of cooking/heating. We’re looking forward to a earlier and longer cruising season this year. Mike Oxborrow (former E-33 owner – JP Foolish and now Bayliner 2859 Ciera Express – Forever Foolish.