• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Parts for Merriman steering pedestal

daynardi

Member II
Back in 2005, we rebuilt the steering pedestal on our 1985 E-32. (For a description of the project, see the article in the Owners & Projects forum of this website).

We still have some parts left over that I'd like to sell or rent:

We had to buy 10 feet of chain to get the two feet or so we needed. It is stainless steel roller chain (ASTM no 50). I believe that the same chain is used in Edson as well as Merriman pedestals. If you need some, let me know, I'd be glad to cut off a bit and sell it for what we paid, $10/ft, plus postage or shipping cost to get it to you.

As described in our article, we had a foundry pattern made to reproduce the original cast-aluminum base of our Merriman pedestal. The pattern was fairly expensive, I'd like to spread the pain around by renting it out to anyone contemplating the same project. Say $50 to rent plus round-trip shipping (I want it back). That would remove a big impediment for anyone wanting to rebuild a YS pedestal.

PS-(5/10/09) I've decided to drop the rental for the base pattern to $50 (plus shipping). It isn't doing anybody any good sitting here as a decor item.

Last edited:

Graham Cole

The Zoomer
Hi,
I can't email you via the site.. I would like to rent your pedestal base as mine is in rough shape. Please contact me via email.
Graham Cole

Graham Cole

The Zoomer
I still want to rent your pedestal base plug. You have specified that you don't wish to recieve emails from this site. PM me or email me please so we can discuss terms.
Graham

scott townsend

pedestal pattern

I posted the preceding note about a year ago. Still have some the the chain, and still have the foundry pattern that I'd be happy to share around.

I have an '84 Ericson 30+ that needs the base but can't seem to find the thread that gave the specs for the base. If its the same I'm interested in renting the pattern if its the same
Scott

daynardi

Member II
Scott.

There is a dimensioned drawing and some photos of my base and my pattern on this website. I suspect that all the YS bases are the same, but check the pics and let me know if it will work for you.

Look for the article in the "Owner Projects" forum called "YS Pedestal base rebuild".