• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Tilman Island fun?

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
We're going to Tilman Island, MD this weekend and wanted to see if anyone knew of anything fun to do there? Prefered resteraunts? Must see?

Our cruising guide is a couple of years old and doesn't say much about it.
Thoughts?
Chris

lbertran

Member III
Tilghman Island

If you'll be visiting Knapps Narrows, you can tie up at a couple of marinas right in the Narrows. Dockage in the Narrows provides lots of "watching the boats go by" opportunities. There are a couple of decent restaurants there, The Bay Hundred and The Bridge. The area is great for walking and visiting the various boat yards to look at boats (one of my favorite passtimes!). Enjoy!
Laura Bertran
Footloose, E35-3
Annapolis

Emerald

It's been a really long time, but if I remember correctly, as you head onto the island and cross the narrows, the restaurant on the right side just over the bridge (may be the one mentioned above as "The Bridge" was really good on oysters. Crabs weren't bad either.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Good call on the resteraunt!

So we went to the Bridge, hung out in town on Saturday, went to the cool marine book store, went to the Bridge again on Saturday night (only other options were fine dining, which we didn't pack for; and Greek food, which looked good to me but not to others in our party). All in all a good weekend. Just fair warning to anyone who hasn't been to Tilghman Island- not much water getting in! Get a cruising guide to help with the details... we had no real issues, but the folks who went with us ran aground in the two places in the channel that the book warned us about.
Chris

Emerald

So,

any recommendations on crabs, oysters, or other fare from The Bridge?

Wondering how my memory is holding up :egrin:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Soups & Oysters

The salmon soup (chowder?) is really good... I thought the oysters with crab imperial were pretty tasty.
Chris
:egrin: