• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted-Zodiac and 15hp motor I lost in the Straits of Juan de Fuca

wurzner

Member III
Just a quick email to say I have returned from a fantastic trip up in the San Juans and Gulf Islands. This may be better suited for the for sale/wanted section, but the bridle ripped off my zodiac sending it and my new 15 hp engine off in the abyss. We were sailing across the Straits between Friday Harbour on our way to Pt Townsend at night. Just outside the red marker entering Pt Townsend, but bridle and front mooring ring ripped off the zodiac. We immediately commenced a MOB drill,but in 15~20 knots of wind at 10:30 PM, we were......screwed!. The good part is we were screaming across the straights and the zodiac was close behind us surfing (it wasn't really taking a pounding), but the inflatable was older and well the rest is history. If anyone hears of a found zodiac with OB motor, please let me know and I will reward them nicely.

Also, I have progressive insurance and am wondering if I have a prayer in getting anything from them?

Great time, but the dinghy situation was a downer. (it still didn't ruin the day).

thanks and let me know if you hear anything.

Shaun