• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Pacific Seacraft Ericson Looking for Her Sisters

Peregrine

Member II
I own PSC 380 Hull #16 and would love to find others that own a PSC Ericson. I have talked to Don Kohlman at Ericson and he said there were about 23 380's built and that most of them made it to the East Coast or Europe. I live in San Diego and would love to hear from any 380 owners.

For all the Ericson lovers, my boat, Peregrine Spirit, is the feature boat in the August issue of Latitudes & Attitudes.

Hope to hear from all you 380 owners.... any in SoCal?

Tony

vbenn

Member III
Hull # 22 is "Wild Blue" Previously Itinerant and Bird Baby. Currently sailing the Chesapeake out of Annapolis. The previous owner told me that #22 was the last 380 built, but have recently learned of #24.

Since 22 came without a manual, I have many questions and would appreciate any information available, e.g.

1. Are the 3 water tanks interconnected?
2. How are the lines led aft? - - which sheet is run to which rope clutch or winch on the coach top. I have 1 Harken #16, 2 #32s, and 1 #43 winch mounted on the coach top.
3. Where is the best location to install A/C - - the Chesapeake in July in brutal.
4. Do all 380's list to port, or is it my imagination.

Vince Benn

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Some help

Vince,
Congrats on a nice boat!

I can help with at least 2 of your questions

1). Halyards led aft-the exact layout varied from boat to boat depending on what options were ordered. There is no specific "rule" about what goes where-and it depends to some degree on personal preference.

If you feel it is not right, if you can post a pic of the layout (aft end of cabin top) I might be able to offer some suggestions.

2). Yeah, they do list a bit.

2.5). Tanks-IIRC, on the Pre PSC boats, they were not interconnected and valves were used to select the tank in use. This may or may not have changed with PSC...

rotorhead

Member II
Another PSC Ericson 38

Hi Tony,
My hull number is PSE38024F797, which makes her hull 24....

She was commisioned to a client in the UK. after a few years sailing the Falmouth area, she sailed to the Scilly Isles, and then Northwest Spain, Portugal, Cape Verde, and then to the Caribbean- St. Vincent, and finally, Tortola, where I aquired her two months ago.

Our plans are to sail the Virgin Islands for the next two years....

Ismael Zapater :cheers:
San Juan, PR
S/V Erica of Falmouth

George Foose

Ericson in Thailand
#17 Checking in from Thailand

Free Wind PSC E 38 #17 (shipped to Singapore in November 1994, commissioned January 1995) has been moved from Phuket to Ocean Marina near Pattaya 1.5 hours east of Bangkok. Enjoying a 0.944 IRC rating so the boys here have now for 2010 instituted a performance handcap system for the monthly race weekend. They also added more downwind legs to the courses. These Jeaneau and Beneteau guys will do anything to win a race!

I am still the original owner. Have just about replaced everything original but the water heater, winches, steering, gel coat, and Yanmar engine. The boat still looks great and is in good mechanical condition.

Any other PSC e38's out there?

Tomarland

Member I
I own PSC 380 Hull #16 and would love to find others that own a PSC Ericson. I have talked to Don Kohlman at Ericson and he said there were about 23 380's built and that most of them made it to the East Coast or Europe. I live in San Diego and would love to hear from any 380 owners.

For all the Ericson lovers, my boat, Peregrine Spirit, is the feature boat in the August issue of Latitudes & Attitudes.

Tony

I own a PSC / Ericson 333. Same design as the 32-200 with the modification of steps on the transom. I believe there were only 7 of these built in 97 - 98, but I have been unable to substantiate this. I bought the boat in Seattle in 2013. The boat had spent the first 8-9 years in Cleveland and the last 7 years on Lake Washington. There is a picture on this website........search the name "Slap and Tickle". We changed the name to Journey.

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I own a PSC / Ericson 333. Same design as the 32-200 with the modification of steps on the transom. I believe there were only 7 of these built in 97 - 98, but I have been unable to substantiate this. I bought the boat in Seattle in 2013. The boat had spent the first 8-9 years in Cleveland and the last 7 years on Lake Washington. There is a picture on this website........search the name "Slap and Tickle". We changed the name to Journey.

My son had #3 which I believe is in Maine now.

En Douce sailing 042 B [640x480].jpg

Tomarland

Member I

Tony

I have a PSC Ericson 333 hull #304 in King Harbor Redondo Beach

Tomarland

Member I
Ericson/Pacific Seacraft

Tony
I own an Ericson/ Pacific Seacraft 333. This boat is identical to the Ericson 32-200 made in the late 1980's. The only difference is the stern has "steps" cut to facilitate boarding. The best I could find is that there were 7 333's made,
Tom Marland
Redondo Beach, CA

Navman

Member III
Hey Vince , I don't mean to hijack this thread but I am also an Ericson 38 owner but mine is not a PS version. I do keep my boat on the upper Chesapeake and I am graduate of good ole Council Rock (1975) as is my wife. My brother - in law has a son going to CR and his daughter graduated 4 years ago. I go to Newtown frequently to visit my mother-in law on Sterling street. My wife and I sail to Annapolis 6-8 times a season.
It would be nice to get together on the water or otherwise to compare differences and improvements. PM me if you want.

L

Leslie Newman

Update- We arrived safely home on the Rappahannock river after bringing the boat down from South Dartmouth MA. Took two week vacation and made fun stops along the way, as well as a wild ride from Newport to Mystic and fog in Cape May. Funny story....we were leaving Newport headed to Mystic, I was in the cabin and when I came out the two ladies on board were all in a tizzy. Apparently this other sailboat had made a point to motor close to us and he waved his arm in a big circle and pointed to shore, like it was dangerous to proceed and we should go back. I looked around and didn't see anything that troubled me. I was like "I don't see any reason to go back to Newport". There were four of us on board. The ladies wanted to go back, the men wanted to proceed to Mystic. After some conversation everyone was on board with sailing to Mystic. I said they could say 'I told you so' as we rowed the dinghy to shore. It was a wild ride, as we encountered at least 6' seas ( I know how the seas get exaggerated) and the winds were 20 knots. I can say that when Ben was steering and we went down between waves that the wave was over his head. And a couple of waves washed over the cockpit soaking me totally. Anyway, we arrived at Mystic by 1430 without any issues. The boat did fantastic. Along the way the marina in Mystic called to verify we were still coming. The dock master at Mystic said he wanted to check because a lot of sailboats were afraid to sail in those conditions. Later I had the opportunity to speak with the seller who had owned the boat for 15 years and told him of our trip to Mystic. He asked if I buried the bow. I said no. He said then we weren't in anything then. Said that boat could handle way much more.

Oh, the picture is before we added new dock lines before leaving her this past Sunday. We had the old lines loose as we were going around the boat in the dinghy and cleaning off the brown mustache that accumulated all around the boat from the long journey home.

20180610_124530.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: