• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Holding Tank Vent

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Has anyone replaced the vent connector for the holding tank? I am speaking of the connector that passes through the hull topsides & is covered with a little clamshell vent cover. It connects to the 1/2" vent line. Ours is very rusted/corroded & was actually clogged causing incomplete pumpouts. What part can be used as a replacement & still fit under the clamshell? Anyone know a good source? Will WM generic work?

Thanks,
Keith
E-33

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
When I replaced my sanitation system, I also replaced the nasty vent you're asking about with a Sea Dog 90 degree gas vent from Fisheries Supply here in Seattle.

It was pretty easy to pull out the old one and put in a new. Just be careful when putting it in that you properly seal the sides to keep water from getting into your hull and (if you've not already done so) consider putting a access port into your holding tank so you can wash it out annually (see the project seciton of this site for my system replacement).

//sse

Last edited:

bigtyme805

Member III
Hi Keith:

Why don't you go over and see Mike or Casey at the coast chandlery they can get you pretty much anything, at least that is my experience.