• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted: mid 1980's E 32, E 34 or E 35

GirlSailor

I'm ready, more than anxious, to find an E 32, E 34 or E 35 with the tri-axial hull. Where or condition isn't a concern. The issue for me is I do not have the going price for these boats.
But, hopefully, someone would like to see their boat go to a person who is both blue water experienced and meticulous.
I plan to refit for blue water and take her to the Pacific.
Anyone? Contact me here or at LovelyCruzz@aol.com
Thanks, AJ Stuermer

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I note that you have left the offshore-designed E-33 or E-36 off your short list.
These have a far better interior for blue water living than the others you mention...
The Holland design is a very good sailer, as well. I have seen a decent-appearing E-33 for sale in the low 30's.

Best,
Loren

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Offshore E-boats

Loren makes a very important point! In fact, the interiors alone make them greatly more desirable boats when offshore: you can actually sleep in a proper bunk, and still keep the cabin clear and functional.

In truth, the 36 is the truly best choice-long enough to really make some miles, and somewhat better balanced in terms of weight-the production 33 is a bit under ballasted, yet a bit too heavy in the hull, deck and interior-makes for a tippy boat-not bad, but the 36 is a better all-around boat-especially in heavy conditions. Also, both have in line spreaders, but the 36 is a masthead rig, and the 33 is a frac-Frac boats really need swept back spreaders or running backs if they have in-line spreaders-for offshore work.

Of course, you should install runners on ANY offshore boat-whatever the rig, but the frac rig will need them much more often.

Both boats have the TAFG-so are very strong.

The best news is I think you can get one for a lot less than a similar sized King boat (32, 34, 35).

The King boats are fantastic as well, biut the interiors are more suited to inshore crusing tha passagemaking.

That is all.

S