• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Location Battery Banks

JMGOMEZ

Member I
My 1976 E27 has 2 - 6volt batteries in series, which has worked very well thus far. However, I want to have a second bank for house power. I may replace these batteries, which are now several years old, with two deep cycle 12 volts, size 24 or 27.

This is an outboard model, with fuel tank located where the inboard engine normally would be. The batteries are now located underneath the quarterberth. I want to add a second battery, but not sure where. I would appreciate hearing what have other E27 owners have done on this subject.

Joe Gomez
S/V Imagine

bigtyme805

Member III
House Batteries

I have a similiar set-up as yourself. I have a three 12v battery bank system that is under the quarter berth. Most likely you will have to extend to the furthest opening under the quarter berth, that is where I have my 2nd and 3rd battery. I do a lot of extended cruising so 3 batteries are necessary.

This should work fine for you.

JMGOMEZ

Member I
House Batteries

Don,

What group size are your 12V batteries? Are all deep cycle? Don't you have a weight issue by placing two batteries that far back?

Thanks.

Joe Gomez
S/V Imagine

bigtyme805

Member III
Mr. Gomez:

The batteries are deep cycle and I have never had a weight issue. I am sure it balances itself out because on the other side is the locker where i have my gas tank and other misc things.

Trust me on this issue you will never have any problems with weight. The only weight concern would be if you race.