• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

cng tank/conversion kit

hathanger

Member II
Bahama's-
Leaving for the Bahama's in November from Port Charlotte, Fl and our 35-3 1984 has cng gas, so I either need a spare tank of gas { OR } a kit to change over to propane gas. CNG is almost impossible to get around here! Somebody has to make a conversion kit to go from cng to propane! HELP
HELP. If not, anybody has a spare cng tank for sale?? Chip [ Hat Hanger ]

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I searched and did not find much as Regal the stove maker is out of business. Your best bet is probably going to be to get a new stove, tank, hoses, regulator, propane locker, bilge sniffer, electric solenoid etc. You may not need to replace the hoses but fwiw I would. The issue is the burner orifices. They need to be changed to allow your stove to burn propane. One could braze the existing ones shut and drill new ones with carburator jetting drillbits provided you knew the correct size. And thats the rub: what is the correct burner orifice diameter. Search the maintennace tab on this site and you will find a lot of good info on this. Let us know how it goes because I eventually want to do the same.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
More ways to Light Your Fire

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=1913&referrerid=28

Above is the link to just one of many threads on this site about CNG to LPG (or other cooking fuels).
BTW, I have been told that the LPG-certified hose material is different as well, and if the old hose is over 10 years old should be changed out regardless.

Put the word CNG or related words or terms into the "Search" box... lots of info available.
You will soon be cooking in style!
:)
Best,
Loren in PDX

Last edited:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
It almost looks too good to be true... I guess someone needs to call these guys and see what exactly is in the kit? It just says included orifices and instructions. I have never taken the burners apart but I was sort of thinking there would be some manufacturer specific type parts in there. This kit looks pretty generic from the description. $122 doesnt sound too bad if it includes all the needed stuff. My guess is you would still need tank, soleniod, and a sniffer to be safe, probably replace the hoses too. We have been fortunate in that CNG is available in Annapolis for about $50 a tank. Tank has lasted me all summer so far but we dont do too much cooking when its hot and we have not spent more than a few 4-5 day cruises. I am down to about a 1/3 of a tank I think...