• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bimini Style Questions

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I am currently in the process of getting a bimini for the E-38-200. I got a frame from another e 38 owner that will fit fiine. It has 4 bows. Two large ones each with a small one angled towards the center. My bimini guy suggested I may want to consider doing a bimini that runs just forward to the end of the boom and has a connector flap to the dodger. This would eliminate the forward bow and allow for easier access to and from the cockpit. In placing the bimini frame on the boat for measurement it looks like getting in and out of the cokpit between the dodger and the bimini might be a squeeze. On the other hand not having to pay for a new frame would be cheaper. Question is on bimini styles here. What seems to work best with a dodger? What should I avoid? I have some pics of a dodger with the 2 bows from another member if I can get my pc to cooperate I'll post tomorrow. Also I have seen some pics on the opening page of this site of a boat with the bimini flap dodger set up, how do I view all of those pics?

Attachments

• bimini1.jpg
    bimini1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 427
  • bimini pic.jpg
    bimini pic.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 445

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
One Solution...

From Ray Rhode...
Sean, good to hear from you.

I'll be at the marina later today and will get some pics of my setup. It is very similar to bimini1 but mine appears to be taller. It is 1 inch stainless and a real handful when putting it up on taking it down. Visibility is not a problem as it is very high, just under a sheeted in boom, and has a sunroof with a removable cover for sighting the mast head. Have been thinking about a dodger and trying to figure a good way of connecting the two.

Ray

//sse

Attachments

• Bimini-1.jpg
    Bimini-1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 374
  • Bimini-2.jpg
    Bimini-2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 388
  • Bimini-3.jpg
    Bimini-3.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Bimini-4.jpg
    Bimini-4.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 377

kevin81

Member II
Bimini

Ted:
Attached are two pictures of biminis with windshields (dodgers). Both have 4 bows. The picture taken from the port side is an E32. The other picture is from an E34. Both biminis have "cut-outs" around the back stay. The forward edge of the biminis are slighly aft of the mainsheet traveler. The clear "windshield" is attached by zippers to the forward edge of the bimini and with snaps to the deck. The set up on the E34 (my boat) was copied from the E32. The windshield works very well and kept the cockpit dry during a late winter cruise with rain and wind. The windshield is also very easy to remove.
Kevin
E34

Attachments

• BiminiWindshield.jpg
    BiminiWindshield.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Windshield small.jpg
    Windshield small.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 332

Richard Elliott

Member III
Bimini Style

Cruising World, April 2005 featured a collapsible,stowable bimini made from PVC pipe. Does anyone have any experience with this. I like the idea in principle for our E34 with a hard dodger, but I am concerned about appearance. I have had boom tents made from mountain tent cloth (coated Ripstop nylon) on previous boats and it is excellent and easy to stow.