• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 27, Everett WA.

Bill Hearsey

76 E27 for sale in Puget Sound area. Recently rebuilt 15 hp volvo diesel, new main, roller furling, new galley cabinets, new st60 instruments, new fuel tank, new canvas, rebuilt wheel, new 110 v panel. Above average overall condition. Transferable Everett moorage. $12,900.00 OBO

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Ericson 27

Bill,

I noticed on your post that you mention a new fuel tank. The original aluminum tank in my E-27 has decided to store its diesel in my bilge. Were you able to remove the original tank thru the port hatch or did you have to cut it?

Thanks,

Mark

Gerry

Fuel tank

Hi Mark!

I noticed your question to bill about removing the fuel tank. I have a 73 27ft. I recently removed the galvanized gas tank and replaced it with a plastic tank. I had to bang on it a little ,but it came out in one piece through the port cockpit locker. The little wooden levelling/support wedges leaned over a bit,but the fiberglass matting securing them to the hull did not break. Even if they had broken, it would have been a lot simpler process to re-glass them in than cutting the original tank out. Hope this helps a little. Any questions, feel free to write! Happy Sailing!!! Gerry :)