• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wiring oil low pressure switch A-4

Luffin it

Member I
Doesn't anyone know how it's suppose to be wired? I've got one side connected to the Electric fuel pump and the other side connected to the positive side of the coil. My question is, is there a third wire connected to the coil side running to the starter soleniod? I've got a brown wire running from the soleniod which is long enough but am not sure where it is suppose to go? Any idea's :confused:

rgoff

Member III
You need a wire from the pressure switch terminal that is connected to the pump running to the "R" terminal of the starter solenoid. This provides power to the pump while the engine is cranking (and has not built up oil pressure).

On my 1973 Atomic 4 (electric pump installed a few years ago), that is a brown wire. I had to put a mirror behind the solenoid to see the terminals. If I look from the front of the engine, the brown wire is connected to the upper part of the back of the solenoid on the right side. You can also use a voltmeter to find out which solenoid terminal has 12v only when cranking.

Good luck,

Luffin it

Member I
Oil pressure switch

Thanks so much, I'll hook it up that way in the morning. Now I see why I didn't smell any gas. :egrin:

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
There should be a full wiring diagram in the specifications and documents section (I can not check it myself on this library computer, but I submitted it some time ago).

Gareth

Luffin it

Member I
Oil pressure switch

Couldn't find the wiring diagram on the site for the Atomic Four. The one for the boat is there only.