• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35-3 Leak Under Galley Sink

lbertran

Member III
I have fresh water (not sea water) collecting in the forward/port corner of the galley sink cabinet. The water is not coming in through any of the thruhulls in that cabinet. I have dried it out and observed the area with a flashlight and seen evidence of water seeping up out of a seam in the fiberglass mat that makes up the floor of that cabinet. I suspect the water is rain coming from some leaky deck fitting in the cockpit area and working it's way under that fiberglass mat, but just can't seem to find anything leaking. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar leak and could enlighten me. Thanks.

Laura Bertran
Footloose
Annapolis, MD

Last edited:

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
I had a similar problem and found a crack in one of my cockpit drain hoses (the OEM hoses are flimsy spiral bilge hose that can be split by things in the lazarette hitting them). Also, with a very heavy rain some water seems to drive under the cockpit seat openings.

However, I'm not sure what you mean about water coming from a seam in the fiberglass mat. You make it sound like there is delamination. Do you mean coming from between the fiberglass pan and the hull?

lbertran

Member III
That's Right, Geoff...

It seems to be coming from between the pan and the hull. I'll take a good look at those cockpit hoses. Thanks!
Laura