• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Great destinations on the Cheseapeake!

Strats43

Member I
Hi all, have a question about the best Cheseapeake destinations. What are your favorite destinations and why! The Chesapeake is a wonderful place, with some of the best raft up possiblities and alot that are not known. So have fun and let everyone know how wonderful the Chesapeake is!

Strats

Emerald

Well,

If I tell you about all the special hideaways, then the word will be out and they won't be special anymore :egrin:

But seriously, I've grown up sailing the Chesapeake, and in simple terms, I like heading for the Eastern Shore, and slightly south (my hailing port is Annapolis). Often crowded but fun is to head to St. Michaels (Miles River). Go eat at the Crab Claw. Unless there has been a serious downturn, a great place to crack crabs shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of other boaters. On a similar vien, Oxford is a neat town, nice stuff to go ashore to do. Further on down, make a point of sailing to Tangier Island. It's like stepping on a different planet - complete with Elizabethan accents. Tangier and Solomons have stayed isolated enough to still have strong roots to the first settlers. I haven't been to Tangier since the late 70's, but I don't think much has changed. You like crabs? Make your way down to Chrisfields (this stop might be a good departing point to then head towards Tangier). Most of all, just get out, and start poking around some of the small coves. The biggest challenge is usually getting around the everpresent sand bar, but once in, you often have decent water. One last thought, I sail out of Annapolis, and make it a point to get away from Annapolis as quick as possible - too congested - hence south and east.

Have fun!

-David
Independence 31
Emerald