• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Two Harbors was a great weekend!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi All

Here are the first batch of photos from my first Catalina Trip of the year with my old buddy, Evergreen Slim from Seattle. We had outstanding weather that allowed us a great sail across the channel with winds up to 21 knots and six foot seas for the last 5 miles, as well as great hiking and snorkeling. The underwater photos are being processed. It was so clear we were able to see San Clemente Island to the SW and the Channel Islands to the North. My new underwater video camera kept us entertained at night after I dropped a steak bone in the water below our boat which attracted all sorts of fish including a sting ray and finally a large crab that was the winner of the bone. It was like watching a Si Fi movie, watching the crab devour the bone. We had a great hike up to a 1090 foot peak that allowed us to see both sides of the island at the same time. We then had great snorkeling at Cherry Cove and saw a large variety of colorful fish and I saw my first Lobsters (Big Ones!). Too bad they weren't in season. The weather was so good that we saw a few other female crew members on other yachts shed there tops because it was so nice. Sorry, no photos of them. Nice for us!

Who's Next?

Skipper Jeff :egrin:

Attachments

• Cucamonga.jpg
    Cucamonga.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 83
  • TwoHarbors.jpg
    TwoHarbors.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 88