• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 diesel replacement of Atomic 4

shammwari

Has anyone got a Diesel in an E27 and what model is it? I have an atomic 4 that sat full of water for a year until I recently bought it. 2 pistons were siezed and half the valves are rusted to the guides. The carb and air box are missing, and the piston rod ends are way too sloppy. It needs a +10 rebore and with all the parts it makes more sense to get a running used motor.
Hess works in the next marina but suggests a rebuilt is about $6000 Can.
The local paper has a 25 HP Farryman for $1700 and a 10 HP Bukh for about the same.
Will either of these fit and what extra parts will I need - besides the adaptor to lint to the prop shaft.
I would like to find an Atomic 4 someone has removed for a diesel replacement but they seem to be scarce right now.

John Gleadle
Vancouver BC

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
If you are interested, I may be able to help you with an A4.

I bought it from Moyer Marine (the biggest name in A4s on the east coast with a very reliable reputation) rebuilt with all new components for $4000. It got partially flooded with fresh water (rain) in the hurricane, but they have fixed it up for $600. It has not been run since the rebuild, and should be in very good shape.

I am having to mothball my boat while I go back on military duty for a year, and am not sure about storage for the engine, so if you want it, maybe I shoud let it go.

Contact me at harrisgareth@mmode.com

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972