• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Datamarine Masthead Unit - wanted

Emerald

Hi all,

I am looking for a masthead unit for a Datamarine wind speed/ apparent wind indicator. Hoping someone has an idea of where one can be purchased at a reasonable price, or even better, someone has a box of old instruments they would like to convert to boat bucks.

Thanks

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

hodo

Member III
datamarine

I think I still have a good masthead unit from my e 30+. I'll check and get back to you by thursday.

clayton

Member III
Datamarine masthead unit

You can also check with www.dmimarine.com. They sell replacement parts and service old Datamarine units. Phone # is 508-564-7491, email is dmifix@dmimarine.com. They opened up shop after Datamarine moved West, and are I believe former Datamarine service people. Geoff Johnson has a thread on them somewhere, he sent in his old unit for service with happy results.
Good luck,
Clayton

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I see you are in Annapolis. Try Bay Country Marine Electronics. They are downtown at teh city dock behind the harbor masters office. I was in there on monday getting some connectors and they sell and service all of the old Datamarine stuff. I am having the calibrate my unit as the adjusting screw on tehback is trashed. The owner told me to bring in the masthead unit and the bulkhead piece and he could calibrate the two. My guess for your sitch. however is that the unit will be about $600. Which at that cost you may want to consider upgrading to a whole new unit...

Emerald

Thanks Ted, and everyone else who has responded. I believe I have found a unit.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald