• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32-200 Icebox drain

Mikebat

Member III
Where does it go? I mean, where does the end of the hose come out into the bilge? Mine is clogged, and I would like to figure out where the hose goes, in case it's clogged due to a kink.

This is the icebox under the Nav table, next to the door to the head.

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
You do not want your icebox to drain into the bilge because then any spilled food will end up there and cause odor/sanitary problems. On my model, the icebox is next to the sink and the drain is connected to a "T" coming off the saltwater inlet for the sink (which is almost always closed) and then to one of the two galley foot pumps so that the ice melt can be pumped into the sink. An added advantage is that you can use the water for preliminary rinsing.

Mikebat

Member III
Thanks Geoff. On my boat, the "icebox" that is next to the sink in the galley on the port side does not have any insulation, but it does have a drain, which can be pumped out like yours. But under the nav table to starboard there is a larger insulated icebox and this is the one I am trying to drain. Now that you mention it, it probably is connected to one of the foot pumps, too, or maybe the shower sump pump or something. I'll go look again.

clayton

Member III
32-200 Icebox drain

You should be setup as Geoff said. On our 32-200, the ice box drain is teed in with the salt water inlet under the sink (with selector valve), then on to the foot pump for pumping into the sink. Good for pumping antifreeze through for winterizing as well. "Icebox" next to the sink we use for dry goods storage, or to hold a small cooler on the day trips.

Clayton