• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cockpit Traveler

John Read

I am sailing a 1976 E27 "Maggie" with a traveler located directly in front of the steering wheel. I find the convenience of being to handle the sails at the helmsman position quite attractive. I would like to move up to 31+. Which model/year have the same traveler layout as the E27? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SteeringWheel2.jpg
    SteeringWheel2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 252

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
There is an E31 owner named Glyn Judson who could probably help you. He is a site member here, so you could try sending him an email through the mechanism. He has also posted this phone number on the site for people to conact him: (310)4531892.

Gareth

Glyn Judson

Traveler location on an E31

John, The traveler on the E31 is located at the bridge deck just aft of the companionway. On ours I've fitted a Harken windward sheeting system and dedicated track there and have used double sheaved control blocks at the track ends that allow me to lead the control lines aft over the cockpit cushions and to the wheel for ease of use when alone. If there are folks along, it's a simple matter to have them doing your bidding with the extremely easy operation of those lines. There are two E31's currently for sale, both being in Florida. Feel free to contact me for more information about the E31 in general and either of those two specifically at the numbers I'll leave below. In the meantime please visit our web site at http://e31.no-ip.com to see what these lovely boats look like. There is no charge ever for any information that I'm glad to share anytime so don't be shy about chatting with me. Get an E31 and join the family of friends before the summer season begins. Glyn Judson 310.453.1892 glynjudson@adelphia.net.