• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E38 Settee (20 gal.) fresh water tank vent

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Final Pictures

Here is the arrangement for the new settee tank vent, connected into the bow tank filler. I am leak testing the bottom fittings of the re-installed bow tank tonight. So far so good. Next week I am going to fill the bow tank and settee tank to make sure the system responds properly - vents to the sink in the head only. The settee tank fill worked great, overflowed to the bow tank. And no problems supplying from either tank so the air part works correctly.

I sanded off most of the nylon reducer threads (1-1/2" threaded to 1/2" barb) to fit into the 1-1/2" tee. The fit is snug and sealed with DAP silicone aquarium sealer. The retainer is a SS machine screw and a nyloc nut, also sealed with aquarium sealer.

The vented loop is the 1/2" - I ordered it from Defender. Couldn't find one on the shelves around Seattle.

Attachments

• FwdWaterTankFiller-SetteeTankVent-WideAngle-reduced.jpg
    FwdWaterTankFiller-SetteeTankVent-WideAngle-reduced.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 108
  • SetteeTankVentDetail-small.jpg
    SetteeTankVentDetail-small.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Craig,

Do you have any photos of the vent fitting that drains into your sinks? Thanks.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Yes

This is the fresh water tank vent for my bow tank. This is the head sink, which is forward, just aft of the v-berth where the tank is located. The spout is aluminum tube with plastic fittings to hold it in the counter top and a molded plastic barb to attach a 1/2" hose. They are still available, I think. Hope that helps.

Head_Sink01_2012-05-26.jpg

Last edited:

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Update to results - 11 years of use with this vent arrangement

I ran across this thread in a search for bilge pump water sensor threads. It is time to replace my mechanical float switches with something else.

Anyway, the vent modification has worked flawlessly since installation about 11 years ago. Once or twice we have noted a little low-volume squeal coming from the vented loop when the settee tank is in use. I just use a small screwdriver or bent paper clip to pop the rubber flapper loose in the top of the vented loop. For me, this modification goes into the relatively small pile of projects I would call "so successful that I forgot about it." Thanks again to Geoff for pointing me in the right direction.

:cheers:
Craig