35 -Mk-III Electrical Drawing

joerun26

Member II
I'm restoring a 1987 35-MK-III and am looking for an accurate electrical drawing for my year. My actual wiring is different from the electrical drawing contained in the 35 manual (drawing dated 4/26/82). I have 3 DC Main Disconnects (one at the house battery bank (port side under dinette seat) - one for the starting battery - (in quarter berth bulkhead, and one near the nav. table for engine starting. I also noted other minor differences to the drawing I have.

Thanks,
"Tenacious" Hull # 262

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Wiring Schematics & Tone Generators

My 86 E35-3 was set up the other way - without the additional disconnects. Is it possible you're looking at a modification - or were the later models configured that way?

Have you tried a tone generator on the runs to map them out? When I re-wired my furnace, I used one to follow the original wiring - it made things much easier.

//sse

joerun26

Member II
35-III Electrical Drawing

Thanks Sean,

I'm not sure if the current configuation is original or whether its 'PO" modified. I do have a Fluke VOM and have been "ringing" out the lines - so eventually I'll have it - but was hoping someone had a similar system w/ drawing.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
lectrics

Joe,

I wish I had the drawings, but I am pretty sure the drawing you see from 82 is for a MK II-different boat entirely. The -III did not exist until several years later..anyone correct me if I am missing something.

Fair winds,
S