• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

air filter for Universal M-40?

mark reed

Member III
My Universal M-40 came with an air box, but no filter other than a very coarse screen. I have been unable to locate a filter element to fit the air box, and am now considering replacing the air box with a K&N or something similar, but I'm not sure of the required CFM. Any suggestions would be welcome!

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I saw air filter element for the M-40 on mairnedieseldirect.com. Look at the Universal page and then schematics then intake section. I think its PN:301049 and costs about 7 bucks. Let me know if you cant find the page. I can try to send a link... They also haev the air filter assembly for a bit more $$.

mark reed

Member III
not sure this is the right model

My engine model is actually the 5432, and the air box doesn't look like the one in the schematic. But for $7, I might try it.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Torrenson

mark reed said:
My Universal M-40 came with an air box, but no filter other than a very coarse screen. I have been unable to locate a filter element to fit the air box, and am now considering replacing the air box with a K&N or something similar, but I'm not sure of the required CFM. Any suggestions would be welcome!

I would contact Torrenson Marine and ask them...I'm sure they would know and could offer you some alternatives...

//sse

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Recieved in the mail my "air filter" from Torrenson Marine yesterday. It was nothing more than a piece of foam that goes around the steel mesh assembly. I suppose this is adequate but for $7 plus shipping I think I could have found something suitable at the lawn mower store...