• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Busting Dust

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Just returned to my boat after a couple weeks abroad, and it's humbling and gross to see all the dust that's had a chance to settle on the ground. Also, I just brought a blanket from the V berth to the saloon and in this morning's rays it was like a near fog of particulates, hair, dust, etc floating around the boat. Doesn't feel great to know I'm breathing that in all the time.

Does anyone have tips for keeping dust down while living in the boat? Maybe a small HEPA air filter, but that's just another thing to plug in and have laying around...

TKBLACK

Member II
Dusty

Dear Jeff,
We use screens. Using a roll of screen door screening, we cover each open deck hatch at anchor/dock. We also cover the companion way opening. These screens keep flying insects out and collect an amazing amount of “air dust.” Damp cloth dusting also helps before using the dust-buster vacuum.
Hope this idea helps. From Karin/Achates 34’

QUOTE=Geoff W.;124623]Just returned to my boat after a couple weeks abroad, and it's humbling and gross to see all the dust that's had a chance to settle on the ground. Also, I just brought a blanket from the V berth to the saloon and in this morning's rays it was like a near fog of particulates, hair, dust, etc floating around the boat. Doesn't feel great to know I'm breathing that in all the time.

Does anyone have tips for keeping dust down while living in the boat? Maybe a small HEPA air filter, but that's just another thing to plug in and have laying around...[/QUOTE]

gabriel

Live free or die hard
Positive air like one fan exhausting, one fan doing intake?

like a clean room, the idea is that if you had a blower providing filtered air to the interior of the boat it would create positive pressure inside the cabin of your boat and this prevent any outside contaminants from entering. would it work in practice?