• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Joined the Owners Ranks

RenDe

Member II
Just bought a project boat. 71 E-39 Flush deck hull 31. The deck hardware was stripped to do deck repairs. I’m looking for pics of the bow pulpit to deck and general anchor and cleat set up. Also main sheet to deck layout. Does anyone have pics?
5632A996-8916-41BC-8B7F-D1821166AC80.jpg5632A996-8916-41BC-8B7F-D1821166AC80.jpg

Attachments

• F4A7FDFF-9881-4DE3-BD1D-2DE4F50255CC.jpg
    F4A7FDFF-9881-4DE3-BD1D-2DE4F50255CC.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 145

RenDe

Member II
Thanks I uploaded from a phone.

Also any E-39 Owners in or near Portland Or. would love to get a close up of your boat.

gadangit

Member III
I won't be able to get any pictures until next week. Both of the areas you are asking for have been somewhat modified on our boat, so it won't look like the original.

For the mainsheet connection, I'm assuming you are talking about the traveler? Is there not a traveler installed now? Can you snap a picture and post what you have at the traveller and at the bow pulpit as a way to get the conversation moved along?

Chris

RenDe

Member II
I won't be able to get any pictures until next week. Both of the areas you are asking for have been somewhat modified on our boat, so it won't look like the original.

For the mainsheet connection, I'm assuming you are talking about the traveler? Is there not a traveler installed now? Can you snap a picture and post what you have at the traveller and at the bow pulpit as a way to get the conversation moved along?

Chris

Hi Chris. I’d love to see what’s been done on your boat.
I do have a traveler. Basically the main routes back to the mast below the reefing winches then I think it’s supposed to go straight down then make a 90 degree turn to starboard then another 90 to the main sheet winch. The problem is there doesn’t appear to be a vang and I’m not sure where it would be routed if there was one. I’ll get some pics.

Thx

Last edited:

gadangit

Member III
Pretty standard mainsheet routing down along the vang to the mast base blocks. Our traveller (not pictured) has been changed from a camber following track to a kinda ugly flat track. Playing the traveller in anything more than about 10kts was difficult due to the mainsheet tightening when pulling to weather. Still not easy, but better.
20190909_145819.jpg

I found this bow pulpit for about $80 at the local resale shop. Our old pulpit had sustained damage during a dismasting incident and poorly repaired. This whole area of the deck was recored, so I was able to put some serious reinforcing in to our anticipated reconfiguration. I'm probably going to add some cleats at some point, but the sampson post has worked really well so far.
20190909_145737.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions. Love to see some pics of your boat!
Chris