• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Captain Jim's in Portland, Maine

debonAir

Member III
Every time I am driving through Portland on a Saturday I stop at Captain Jim's marine salvage. The place is a blast with big shelves full of odds and ends scavenged from yachts and ships, a room full of polished old brass and bronze parts, and piles of old teak, engine parts, props, etc. all decorated with pirate accents and run by a friendly joke-cracking Jim who clearly loves his job. There's even a running fountain filled with Capt. Morgan rum and a little dixie cup dispensor..

This Sat., sitting right at the front door, was a Merriman / Yacht Specialties pedestal. My pedestal base is 1/2 crumbled / corroded away and this pedestal, still attached to the cut-out cockpit floor, looked nearly brand new under the dust. Was a good find just for the base, but I might use the thing in whole with my old compass and wheel as its all in better shape than mine, and cheaper than having a part made to fit. Also got a new in-box Jabsco water-puppy pump to replace my intermittent shower pump for about 1/2 retail.

The underneath sheave bracket on this pedestal is not at all like mine though, except for the bolt pattern, so I'll give it away to anyone that might want it if they have that part. Not sure what boat it came from.
pedestal.jpg

[url]http://www.marinesalvagemaine.com/

[/URL]

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
GREAT PLACE!

I stop in every summer when we go for our Maine vacation. Need to watch the age and condition of a lot of it but there are fantastic bargains. I got a fairly large box of brand new stainless hardware for $10. He even threw in a cheap plastic sextant for our local Boy Scout troop.