• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Special I-Phone Shelf in the V-Berth

kapnkd

kapnkd
When living in Sarasota back in the early 80’s, Wellcraft used to do “Yard Sales” annually to sell off lots of scrap teak wood and discontinued model cabinetry items. I bought a couple small shelves for less than $5 but never really found a perfect spot for them till finally now - almost 30 years later! (Yes, I’m a serious pack rat when it comes to holding onto Teak wood.)

Fast forward to the now age of I-Phones being a major part of our lives - I FINALLY found the PERFECT use and spot for these small 3” x 12” Teak shelves. I placed them on the Port & Starboard sides in the V-Berth attached to the bulkheads respectively and Gorilla Glued the length of them to the sides.

While not intended for heavy loads, they are screwed solidly into the bulkheads and the Gorilla Glue along the length has plenty of strength for holding light personal items in a conveniently accessible place.

I’m also ready to install a 12v USB charger outlet just above in the regular overhead storage bins and can tap into the cabin lighting circuit very easily. This will make it easy to charge one's phone from the 12V system while offshore. ...More photos to follow as this progresses and will show new foam backed vinyl in overhead compartments plus reinstalled compartment wood panels Boat Shelf Port.jpg

Attachments

• Boat Shelf Starboard.jpg
    Boat Shelf Starboard.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Kevin A Wright

Member III
Great Job!

Since I already had full length shelves in my E35-III, I just had to add the 12v/USB outlets (also ran them off the existing light circuits). While I was at it added USB outlets to the quarterberth, nav station, and both sides of the main cabin. When I have guests on board that we get along just fine with one head, but God help you if you don't have enough phone charging outlets!

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
I picked up a brass colored 12V LED lamp similar to this with built in USB port. Can find a selection of them in RV stores and on Amazon.

Light.jpg

kapnkd

kapnkd
Great Job!

Since I already had full length shelves in my E35-III, I just had to add the 12v/USB outlets (also ran them off the existing light circuits). While I was at it added USB outlets to the quarterberth, nav station, and both sides of the main cabin. When I have guests on board that we get along just fine with one head, but God help you if you don't have enough phone charging outlets!

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy

Too funny and ALL so true in this day and age! I've gone from RDF to Loran to GPS and then eight tracks to cassettes to cd's and now I-Pod's and MP3's. Amazing technologies for every aspect of boating and pleasure!! ...I too have added USB ports both 12v and included 120V shoreside outlets as well. ...Changing times for sure! ...Other than STILL having only ONE head! ;-)))

Last edited:

kapnkd

kapnkd
I picked up a brass colored 12V LED lamp similar to this with built in USB port. Can find a selection of them in RV stores and on Amazon.

View attachment 27648

Ohhh! WOW!!! Really nice! ...sorry I didn’t see that one sooner! I may try and incorporate one on my starboard side bulkhead as I don’t have a light on that side.

LOVE IT!!! Thanks!!

Last edited: