E-28/2 mainsail, Forespar HD DL 6-12 whisker pole, and J-33 spinnaker

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Continuing my quest to clear excess items out of the barn, I have a few more offerings. Less stuff for the family to have to get rid of after I pass on. An E-28/2 Doyle mainsail. Sailmaker evaluated as in fair condition still having good life left in it. It is slightly stained from partial exposure to a diesel and rainwater mix. I cleaned it as best as I could. It will need battens and a bit of repair. $150 plus shipping. A never been used "new" Forespar HD DL 6-12 adjustable whisker pole. Good for a 25-26ft. boat. $200 plus shipping. Purchased this for my 1952 Vataroy 25. Ended up giving the boat to our eldest son. Somehow this was overlooked in the exchange. Good thing, as later I did get back the Nissan 8 outboard after the boat was lost to marital discord. Still using the Nissan on our present dinghy. Last, for now, an older J-33 spinnaker I traded labor for years ago. Also recently evaluated as in fair condition, having some life left in it. 0.5oz., leeches 43'6", foot 22'1" and mid-girth 22'.2". Minor patches. Might be good for someone just wanting to try and fly a spinnaker without making a huge investment. Comes with a deck deployment bag. $100 plus shipping. Well, back to the barn to do some more digging.

Last edited:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Chris: Spinnaker still here. Won't be able to provide pictures until spring. A good two months away around here.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Sail was built locally by Bill Fastiggi of Vermont Sailing Partners back when he was working for Shore Sails. I had Bill evaluate the spinnaker last year and he recognized it as one he worked on.