• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

South Sound mini-rendezvous in 2020?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I know there's already a thread started for planning the 2020 Puget Sound rendezvous, but I thought I'd re-float an idea... any interest in a South Sound mini-rendezvous?

I know there are a fair number of Ericsons south of Whidbey who might not trek to BC in July, but might want to take part in something closer to home. Bainbridge? Vashon? Gig Harbor?

Just throwing it out there. Doesn't need to be a conflict, we could do it earlier in the season so boats that wanted to do both wouldn't have to choose.

Thoughts?

Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Further.... South !

And further south of Puget Sound....

Our club - RCYC - has 500 feet of protected guest tie up available and a floating patio with multiple bbq's.
Unfortunately the proposed inland canal from the Columbia River to the Sound was never dug.... so you'll be sailing down the WA coast and up the river. Look at it as an Adventure! :)

Cruising is scenic on the river, from the estuary at the mouth all the way up the Gorge to the "dry side" of the Cascades. We are only a modest 90 miles from Astoria.

Fair winds,
Loren

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
....sailing down the WA coast and up the river.

I've given that some thought. Will probably make it down there within the next couple of years.

But probably not by myself, so... I guess I should start learning how to make friends. Or something.

Bruce