• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Mast Pumping whiled docked, SOLVED

Farlander

Member II
Hey Everyone, it's been quite a while since I posted, but I'm happy to report that the 35-2 has been out of the yard since Feb. and we having been sailing it quite a bit since then, to my happy delight. I finished re-wiring the cabin lights, got all the running lights working, and have been tackling other little odds and ends problems along the way, but mostly, enjoying sailing life!!

One issue I encountered recently was my Forespar Yacht Rod (spring loaded telescoping boom support) was too short for our new square cut mainsail and got bent as a result of the mainsheet / vang being eased too far while under sail. So, I am minus one yacht rod, and stuck with using a spare halyard as a topping lift. One thing I noticed right away was the boat had a tendency to mast pump really badly while at the dock, something it never did with the yacht rod. I solved this last night by raising the topping lift so the boom end was quite a bit higher than the gooseneck at the mast, taking most of the weight off the topping lift.

If anyone else has this problem, the simple fix is to take up on the topping lift and lift the boom to put more weight on the mast end.

2019-04-03 18.20.17.jpg
2019-05-27 17.17.04-1.jpg