E 34-2 Genoa track manufacturer

patrscoe

Member III
Does anyone know who Ericson used for the genoa (inner) track manufacturer for the 34-2 model?
I would think it would be the same as the 32-2 or 35-2 models, as they were manufactured about the same time.

Thanks in advanced!

Patrick

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
I would guess that it was Schaeffer. My Genoa cars are that brand and I think the traveler and track are, too. The factory seemed to use it quite a bit.

patrscoe

Member III
Thanks.

I cross reference the track to a standard Merriman T-track, which is basically almost identical to a Schaeffer (older) T-track with a 3/16" thick track T.
I have ordered adjustable cars and they needed the information before they could release the order.

Patrick

patrscoe

Member III
Christian,
I have purchased Grahauer E-Z glide adjustable cars (waiting for delivery)...
While my kids and wife are just not in to sailing, I single hand mostly and think adjustable cars might work better for my type of sailing. Also I feel it is important to position the cars right for proper trim.

I have read that these adjustable cars work well and it allows me to keep my existing genoa track cars.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I've been thinking about that. It's a question of simplicity vs. complication, but I seem to do a lot of grovelling on the side decks every time there's a new size of furling genoa.

Do let us have a photo of your control setup when it's ready.