• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Racor 500 series on 32-3?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Not sure. Here are some photos for discussion.

In my opinion, relocation to the E38 location seen here would be an improvement.

I really, really found changing screw-on filters awkward, even in the slip.

1985 E32-3 M25 engine compartment:
2-M25 Ericson 32-3r.jpg

E-32-3 Racor Series 200 factory location, port side mid-quarterberth
2-Ericson 32-3  Racor 200 series. .jpg

E381 Racor Series 500 location. This 5432 engine has a mechanical fuel pump. The electric pump shown is for priming only.
2--engine, Ericson 38, trim removed.jpg

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Thanks Chris. I see your 500 is without the bottom metal shield, which makes sense. I am only changing since my solid fuel lines developed a crack, and I can’t get the fittings of of the old Racor body to switch to all hose. I am going with a Racor 215 for now and will consider a future upgrade. My mechanic thinks the 500 is overkill despite the ease of filter changes. And I know the 215 will fit.

Last edited:

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Thanks Chris. I see your 500 is without the bottom metal shield, which makes sense. I am only changing since my solid fuel lines developed a crack, and I can’t get the fittings off of the old Racor body to switch to all hose. I am going with a Racor 215 for now and will consider a future upgrade. My mechanic thinks the 500 is overkill despite the ease of filter changes.

Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I'd have to buy a new unit, since there is apparently no retrofit of the shield possible my model Racor.

My surveyor complained, my mechanic didn't care since it's diesel. But it would be nice to be compliant.

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
I'd have to buy a new unit, since there is apparently no retrofit of the shield possible my model Racor.

My surveyor complained, my mechanic didn't care since it's diesel. But it would be nice to be compliant.

I’m not so sure that you aren’t compliant, but that has been heavily litigated on other forums.