• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anyone know this is for?

gabriel

Live free or die hard
Anyone know what this is for?

Came with the spare parts on my E25, along with what seems like a wooden cover plate (not pictured) that doesn't really fit (same wood, same finish, same size though). I do know that toilet paper does go in the stainless steel bracket, but what about inside? What originally what this used for and where on the boat would it have been mounted? Thanks!

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Radio

The stainless bracket looks like one used to hold a VHF radio given the multiple holes arranged in an arc. Maybe?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I was thinking it might be the opposite way around. it looks to me like it might be a box for an instrument (e.g., a depth readout or something), with a mounting bracket that allows it to pivot out of the way when not needed. Some people have, for example, mounted a radar display on a pivoting mount so that it swings out into view in the companionway when in use, and back behind the bulkhead when not needed.

Whatever it is, I don't think it is OEM.

Bruce

gabriel

Live free or die hard
I was thinking it might be the opposite way around. it looks to me like it might be a box for an instrument (e.g., a depth readout or something), with a mounting bracket that allows it to pivot out of the way when not needed. Some people have, for example, mounted a radar display on a pivoting mount so that it swings out into view in the companionway when in use, and back behind the bulkhead when not needed.

Whatever it is, I don't think it is OEM.

Bruce

Bruce that is exactly what i needed to know, i just didn't know it!

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Fastener scars

Any other fastener scars that might give a clue as to where it was mounted. May have been a piece that the PO picked up from somewhere else with the intent of using it and never did.