• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Weather

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Man! It is an interesting weather year. Yesterday the wind was zero at 7 am and zero to 1.9 knots at 1:30 pm. The temp was 81 degrees. A Pod of Orcas obligingly came into the harbor and took a leisurely cruise around so that we could stand on the breakwater and admire them. Today the wind was blowing 20kn with gusts to 29kn at 7 am and 35kn with gusts to 44kn at 1 pm. The temp is 60 degrees. The Straights are breaking everywhere. Even guessing what clothes to put on is interesting much less what sails to have on the tub.

It does still beat having to let the lake level go down enough to find the dock. :rolleyes:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Lake Champlain weather

Chilly and damp for our launch today. Pretty much sums up this spring for us. Lake level still high. More showers and chilly temps for the next couple of days. Slow getting the boat ready this year accommodating the new mast and rigging adjustments. A little excitement when the transmission refused to leave forward and engage reverse when entering our slip. Kudos to my first mate for arresting the much too hot forward motion. Now it's on to cleaning and outfitting the boat for our much too short sailing season. Vibration loosened the lower bolt holding the shift cable in position. Cable slipped leaving the tranny in forward. Had just enough grip when tested in the launch pit but failed soon after. Obviously missed that when I changed all of the filters and lubricant.

Gary Holford

Member II
dock sm.jpg Spanish Marina fuel dock, North Channel, Lake Huron. Great Lakes at record high levels, note the submerging breakwater. Damp cool spring but we're slowly getting into the 20s (70 F). Five years ago I'd get stuck on sandbars every weekend leaving/entering the river. Times they are a changing.