• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Universal 5432 Oil Sender

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
My oil pressure buzzer has been playing up. I think the issue is a faulty oil sender. So I’ve ordered a replacement. Does anyone know the socket size to remove and install the new one? Do I need a deep socket or regular work?

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
I have an M25 so I don't know if part is the same. You can probably twist it off with your hand since the nut (housing) is so big (1" maybe) and the 1/8" pipe thread so small.

If you go with a factory Universal or Kubota part, it should have British (1/8 BSPT) thread. If you buy a US aftermarket sender it will be 1/8 NPT. The two threads are close enough that you can make the mis-threading work. Or, buy a BSPT to NPT adapter on EBay.

See this post for more on the subject:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/entry.php?553-Mariah-Part-IV-Engine-Monitoring-Systems

You could also just unscrew the blue-wire ring terminal from the top of the sender to check your elec connections before pulling the old sender. The light/buzzer should come on when you touch the lead to your block (or any related ground).

Last edited: