• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for replacement Rub rail

Jef

SailorJeff
Can anyone point me in the right direction to
find a replacement rub rail for a 1971 29’ ericson?
I still have the original but they are in some kind of worn out condition.
is there a way to rejuvenate them ? Thanks Jeff

Baslin

Member III
Check Taco Marine...They have several different styles......I believe Christian Williams has a blog and pictures of replacing his.

Jef

SailorJeff
Found! Rub rails !

Check Taco Marine...They have several different styles......I believe Christian Williams has a blog and pictures of replacing his.
A previous thread I found this ,Wefco ; a company in business for over 70 years they are the original maker of the
aluminum extrusion and the rubber insert . I am thrilled to have found them . Thank you guys for your help .

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Please post a photo of the existing rub rail. It will help others in need of a solution. Ericson models have many different styles.

Hagar2sail

Member III
Blogs Author
A previous thread I found this ,Wefco ; a company in business for over 70 years they are the original maker of the
aluminum extrusion and the rubber insert . I am thrilled to have found them . Thank you guys for your help .

Be careful with the wefco. We just had to replace our port side. The insert was a dead match. The channel was a match by profile and color, but they now make it out of the same rubber as the insert, instead of the more rigid material of the original. Our yard had a very hard time keeping it flat and not wavy when installing. They tried hard, but it still doesn’t look the best compared with out untouched stbd side.

Jef

SailorJeff
Rub rails

Be careful with the wefco. We just had to replace our port side. The insert was a dead match. The channel was a match by profile and color, but they now make it out of the same rubber as the insert, instead of the more rigid material of the original. Our yard had a very hard time keeping it flat and not wavy when installing. They tried hard, but it still doesn’t look the best compared with out untouched stbd side.
I forgot to mention that I still have original aluminum extrusion

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Jeff -
When we spoke on the phone, Christian's link is the one I was trying to relate to you, and you can see the thicker section of the one on the right. Of course, using it means replacing the rubrails on both sides of the boat.
attachment.php